Single Mammas: You Are More Than Enough, Always!

© Marvel Mozhko
Dear Single Mammas,

I firstly want to say how amazing you all are, whether out of choice or circumstances beyond control; you are all warrior women and I see you!

I am childfree and do not walk in your daily shoes but I see you and love you exactly as you are. I see how hard it is for you trying to find your place in between a sea of child free friends and coupled parent friends. I see you worrying about the intentions and perceptions of others while measuring your self worth against theirs...know that you are more than enough, always! 

I want you to know that asking for help and/or taking up help is nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty for...even if your thoughts may tell you otherwise. Receiving and/or asking for help is absolutely no reflection on your abilities as a single parent, you are more than enough, always! It is hard to be vulnerable, to reveal your needs and fears is even harder when you have been let down and/or so used to going it alone...that is understandable; trust that the right people will be still be there to support you and they will lovingly persist when you resist.

I see you doing an amazing job through the tears and laughter. I see your unconditional love and devotion, your selflessness, compassion and nurturing spirits that raise children who are a credit to you. I see your cup running dry, know that it deserves to be filled to keep you present. Your self care is not a luxury.

Your single parent journey may or may not have been planned but regardless you deserve to thrive and not just survive this one life of yours. Life is not all sunshine and rainbows, it can be pretty fucking shit and that too is more than ok. Be kind to yourselves and please know that through it all...you are more than enough, always!


With love and pride for all that you do and all that you are.



Your friend


XxX

Comments

Popular Posts