Shania Twain & Me : Forever and for Always





Shania has returned ! still sounding and looking her fabulous self  with a new album 'Now' being released in September this year. I watched a single from the new album on YouTube called 'Life's About To Get Good' and its classic cheese but I love it ! It shows her embracing the new chapter in her life since she was last on the scene and its glorious to see the good ol' days looked upon so fondly.....can't the top hat and corset make a come back please ?

I have loved Shania since I was a little nipper and know all the words to the songs. I remember at 8 years old being given on tape her album 'Come On Over' after my obsession with 'From This Moment On' was well noted. I would watch the music video on telly crying in between trying to belt it out (I was a deep child) and mesmerised by her goddess like presence. Shania shaped so much of my musical tastes as a child and I never stopped being a fan. It is very rare when an artist can make you fall in love with every song on an album and produce hit after hit after hit, Shania for me is definitely one of those. Her pop country tracks never failed to bring joy, with emotive lyrics that always moved and inspired me.

When she released her 'Greatest Hits', an album I still frequently listen to; it opened up a back catalogue of music I had never been exposed to from her second album. Listening to tracks on from  'The Woman in Me' gave me a whole new level of appreciation. It was also a great sampler for the 'Up!' album which I purchased not long after. 

Its hard to list favourites but I have put together a top 10 from across the albums in the order of my personal discovery. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Thanks for the tunes Shania !

Hx

1.
From This Moment
2.
That Don't Impress Me Much
3.
Man! I Feel Like A Woman
4.
You're Still The One
5.
Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
6.
No One Needs To Know 
7.
Forever and for Always (Red radio edit)
8.
Up! (Red album version)
9.
Ka-Ching! (Red album version)
10.
Party for Two with Mark McGrath


Comments

Popular Posts