Recipe : Tasty, Healthy and Easy Pasta

I love it when kitchen experiments go right ! One of my favourite dishes is a creamy salmon and spinach dish I used to order at the Argyll Pub near the London Palladium and thought I would re-create it with my own twist this evening. I have put below the recipe for my salmon, mushroom and spinach pasta dish served in a creamy whole grain mustard sauce.

Enjoy

Hx




Serves 2

100g Baby Button Mushrooms diced
Handful of Spinach
1-2 tsp Whole Grain Mustard
90g Original Philadelphia( half a 180g pack)
2 Salmon Fillets
150g Penne Pasta
Milk
Butter

Pre heat oven to 190 degrees  (fan assisted). Wrap salmon fillets loosely in foil and pop in the oven for 20 minutes  (longer if they being cooked from frozen). Once cooked, shred into small pieces and leave ready in a bowl.

Boil pasta for 15-20 minutes and at the same time, heat sauce pan on medium. Once pan is hot, add a knob of butter and then the mushrooms, cook till soft.

Turn the heat down to a low setting and mix in the Philadelphia with the mushrooms. Add  a splash of milk and the mustard, mix until sauce consistency is creamy but not too thick. Add the spinach, mix well till wilted and finally add the salmon. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir it all together and serve.



Comments

Popular Posts